Saturday 15 September 2007

S.J.A: Invasion of the Bane: Review


This was the first episode of 'The Sarah Jane Adventures', and quite frankly, it surprised me. Before it started, I was expecting real kids television. With lame jokes and all that, but I found that agewise, it wasn't that far from Doctor Who!


Having not really seen much of Sarah Jane in the past (with the fourth Doctor), she seems like a whole new character to me (bar 'School Reunion') and I like her attitude. She's more of a girly Martha, and seems to be quite stubbon, but in a good way. I liked seeing children in a Doctor Who spinoff too, it shows a difference to just following grown-up people and time lords on their adventures. I even loved the way this episode revolved around pop!

Sarah Jane truly has her fair share of gadgets too, I loved the computer, Mr. Smith and the sonic lipstick...well, that was okay, in a girly way (excuse the expression :-) ). Then there's the Bane... I really wasn't expecting such a great alien in a spinoff. The CGI on the Bane is great, and felt sad to see K9 wasn't going to be in the show much, too, the cute little Robo-Dog.


Well, from this being a first viewing, I rate this 7.5/10. I actually had to stretch this review a bit!

1 comment:

Bad Wolf said...

ye i enjoyed this episode too. i was disapointed to not see K9 as much but the cgi on the bane was brilliant. I did actually miss this episode when it aired on new years day as i was asleep from the night before but when i eventually got to see it on google vidoe i thought it was ok. im expecting more from the actual seires espicialy the slitheen ep