Sunday 16 September 2007

The Shakespeare Code: Review


For me, this episode was a bit out of the ordinary. But then again, so are most Doctor Who episodes. I liked Shakespeare's character, because he didnt seem all as great as he is made on to be, just a guy trying to earn money. A normal human being, yet he still had a sense of individuality about him.


The Carrionites were brilliant villains for the story, and they fitted in so well with the atmosphere, as they acted out to be witches. I liked the fact that their cursing and witchcraft was really their form of science- words. Lilith was fantastic, too, and that actual name does have a bit of real-life mythology to it.


Also, there is more from Martha in this episode, and she continued to impress me with her cleverness. I thought the C.G.I on the carrionite spirits was brilliant, too. For such a brilliant trip to the past, and a great Doctor Who episode, I rate it 9/10.

No comments: